We believe in the power of prayer! Connecting with God through prayer is our primary means of communication. We also believe that God ministers, guides and heals us through prayer.
We would like to pray for you and there are several ways to receive prayer.
- Ministry time during Sunday worship. We believe that this prayer time is the most effective because our hearts and minds are open to what God is doing. Most Sundays there is a call to come forward to receive prayer for all needs (physical, spiritual, emotional, financial). Church elders are there to pray with you.
- Prayer Chain. A dedicated group at Granite Creek prays for the needs of others every day. To put your need on the prayer chain, e-mail Judi at Click here to send an email to our Prayer Chain.
- Hospital Visitation. If you or a loved one is sick or in the hospital and would like someone to pray with you, contact the office (909) 625-4455, or email us.
For a number of years, it has been Pastor Larry's desire to have a ministry that would help the hurting and wounded receive help on their journey to health and wholeness in Christ.
Church Counseling was developed out of that desire.
Church Counselors are paraprofessionals (not licensed or professional therapists) who have received extensive training in the skills of listening, clarifying and goal-setting. Through prayerful submission to the leading of God, we offer a Biblically- based response to personal, marital or family needs.
2 Cor. 5:17-20
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that God was reconciling the world to Himself in Christ. He has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore, Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us.
Our goal is to help in the reconciliation process between our counselee and the Lord, between the counselee and others in their lives.
How to go about scheduling an appointment with a counselor.....
What type of counseling are you looking for...personal, marital, family?
Once the counselor knows what type of counseling you are requesting, a counselor will be prayerfully assigned to you. The counselor will contact you to set up an appointment, generally within 24-36 hours. The contact will be made through whatever mode you decide, phone or email, and will remain the method of contact until you change it.
This is a big church, will anyone else know my business????
The Road to Recovery
8 Recovery Principles, based on the Beatitudes, by Pastor Rick Warren
1. Realize I'm not God; I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and my life is unmanageable.
"Happy are those who know they are spiritually poor." Matthew 5:3
2. Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him, and that He has the power to help me recover.
"Happy are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." Matthew 5:4
3. Conciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ's care and control.
"Happy are the meek." Matthew 5:5
4. Openly examine and confess my faults to myself, to God, and to someone I trust.
"Happy are the pure in heart." Matthew 5:8
5. Voluntarily submit to every change God wants to make in my life and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects.
"Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires." Matthew 5:6
6. Evaluate all your relationships. Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for harm I've done to others except when to do so would harm them or others.
"Happy are the merciful." Matthew 5:7 "Happy are the peacemakers." Matthew 5:9
7. Reserve a daily time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and gain the power to follow His will.
8. Yield myself to God to be used to bring this Good News to others, both by my example and by my words.
"Happy are those who are persecuted because they do what God requires." Matthew 5:10
Granite Creek is a church host for Financial Peace.
Financial Peace University (FPU) consists of a 13-week video curriculum—taught by financial expert Dave Ramsey—that incorporates small-group discussions to encourage accountability and discipleship. Financial Peace University is highly entertaining for everyone, with a unique combination of humor, informative financial advice and biblical messages. More than one million families have already had their lives changed by attending FPU. http://www.daveramsey.com/fpu/testimonies/<!--
document.write( '</' );
document.write( 'span>' );